Show off your patriotic side with these 4th of July makeup ideas and tutorials at your next wedding or event!
Brides, bridesmaids, girlfriends can celebrate Independence Day and your wedding with these gorgeous 4th of July makeup ideas. Get inspired by stars and stripes or by the classic red, white and blue. These 4th of July makeup ideas and tutorials can be as simple or as daring as you want them to be.
Red, White and Blue Lips: Luscious and Bold
Show off your American pride on your lips! Go as bold as the occasion allows for. If the event is formal or in the evening, bold red lips will do the trick. If the wedding is very casual and laid back, combine red and white lines, paint a section of your blue lip and add silver glitter. Daytime summer and outdoor weddings are a great occasion to let your lips sparkle.
You can also opt for a 4th of July makeup that focuses on your lips.
Take your makeup to the next level with some stars and stripes! First prepare your lips with a white base – Paint your upper lip with glossy blue lipstick – grab a hold of a red lip liner and draw the red stripes. We are certain this little trick is already giving you some more ideas, amiright? 😉
4th of July Makeup Ideas: Let the Eyes Have It
Rival the fireworks’ display with an Independence Day eye makeup to match. If you want something simple you can:
- Delineate your upper eyelid with a metallic blue eyeliner.
- Put on false eyelashes to give intensity to the look.
- In the outer corner of the eyelid draw a silver star or adhere a silver star sticker.
- Complete your makeup for the 4th of July with intense red lips.
If you want something a bit more flashy you can paint the American flag on your eyelids.
- Prepare the upper eyelid with a white base
- Make a couple of red lines with eyeliner as it will give you more control
- Grab your blue eyeshadow and apply with a thin brush right above the crease
- Use star stickers to give the finishing touch to the design.
For deeper effect, you may add white eyeliner to the water line and silver kohl.
4th of July Makeup Ideas Photo Gallery
Sparkling 4th of July Mani Ideas for Nails (Toes too!)
Love great manicure ideas for a Fourth of July wedding? Personally, we think nails are one of the best 4th of July makeup ideas when attending a wedding. Kind of like the work you put into them lasts there for longer, right? 😉
4th of July Makeup Ideas and Tutorials: Splatter Nail Art
Let’s begin with some splatter paint nails! You will need a white base, blue and red nail polish, scotch tape or protective wax and some straws.
1Paint your nails with the white nail polish
2Next, protect your fingers well – either with scotch tape as shown on the picture or with protective wax – there’s gonna be a LOT of splattering! The more surface you cover, the better off you will be.
3Suck some red nail polish through a straw and blow it all over your nails. Don’t suck too hard and make sure you cover the surface you will be working on.
4Repeat the process with the blue nail polish!
5Arm yourself with a Q-Tip and some nail polish remover and carefully clean up your fingers.
6Don’t they look amazing? You’ll be getting compliments left and right!
Feel free to do the same to your toes and give yourself a very patriotic pedi.
4th of July Makeup Ideas and Tutorials: Hearts Nail Art
If you want something a bit more elaborate (and, oh so cute) here is another nail art independence day tutorial. It requires a bit more artistic ability but it’s definitely worth it. You will need the same nail polish than for the previous tutorial but switch the straws for thin brushes.
- Apply two coats of white nail polish and let them dry
- Outline a heart with black nail polish and a very thin brush
- If you need to fix some lines, grab a hold of the white nail polish and go back over the lines 😉
- Clean the thin brush and dip it into the blue nail polish to fill one of the quarters of the heart
- Now draw the stripes using the red nail polish
- Finally make small dots over the blue area to represent the stars
- Alternate nail polish colors for the rest of the fingernails between red and blue
- Apply some glitter textured nail polish and voila!
Even More 4th of July Makeup Ideas Photo Gallery
We hope you enjoyed these very patriotic 4th of July makeup ideas we shared these makeup ideas for the 4th of July. Start practicing your makeup and create your own design! Or check out this article on Sure-Fire Tips to Apply Lipstick!
Discover More Stunning Wedding Ideas
Photography credits: Browzeronline, urbandecaycosmetics, StayGlam, buzzfeed, flickr, indulgy, theFashionSpot, bnailsalon