How to Organize a Grilled Cheese Bar at a Wedding
Mention melted Gruyere, mozzarella, prosciutto and my mouth starts watering. Why not organize a grilled cheese bar at a wedding? I say, let’s!
From grilled cheese stations to full-blown grilled cheese parties, these delicious sandwiches will delight your guests and save you lots of mula on your wedding. Let’s take a look at how to organize a grilled cheese bar at a wedding!
And don’t miss out these incredible recipes that will tempt you to the point of making a grilled cheese right now!
Organize a Grilled Cheese Bar at a Wedding
When it comes to food, forget the long, multi course formal meals. Guests love having familiar, filling foods—to fuel them for all that mingling, drinking, and dancing they’ll be doing! A spin on grilled cheese sandwiches is a fun option guests will actually enjoy. A grilled cheese bar will definitely hit the spot!
Furthermore, Millennial couples enjoy more affordable, interactive and fun ideas. Transform your wedding catering style or, if you are not so daring, serve them at your brunch wedding or at any party preceding the big day.
There’s a few of ways you can incorporate these delicious sammies at a wedding. You can serve them as appetizers at cocktail hour, host a grilled cheese party or organize a grilled cheese station – manned, of course. Either way, get inspired by these recipes and ideas to include a grilled cheese bar at a wedding!
Go for a Casual Setup on Small Backyard Weddings
Small gatherings with framily or outdoor weddings are the perfect setting for your grilled cheese bar. Along with some additions your guests can you use, arrange your basics on a counter or long table.
Decorate the table with a few different bread types, like sourdough, whole wheat, challah, and even donuts!
Then spice up your cheese game with varieties, like, Swiss, fontina, gruyere, mozzarella, brie, and gouda. Speaking of cheese, you may need to label each type if you want to offer many options so your guests know what to pick.
Of course, to organize a grilled cheese bar at a wedding you wouldn’t leave out butter. You can even flavor the delish spread with chives, roasted garlic, cinnamon or truffle oil and sugar.
Now, you can go wild with your additions. Roasted peppers, olive tapenade, fresh herbs, bacon, ham, caramelized onions, roast beef and sliced pears can all make your grilled cheese bar special.
Finally, bring in a cook to man the hot griddles or a couple of frying pans at the final station of your grilled cheese bar.
Grilled Cheese Stations are Ideal for Large Weddings
The last thing you want is spills and stains all over the wedding venue. Needless to say, anything hot like a griddle or a panini press could spell disaster. Therefore, hiring a couple of chefs to man the grilled cheese stations is highly advisable. Let your guests have fun picking their ingredients or choosing from the grilled cheese menu. The larger the number of guests, the more stations you will have to add. The cooks will know how to handle the griddles and the heat of the mini kitchen.
You may want to set up a few printed grilled cheese recipes for your guests. This brings that touch of adventure and creativity to your ceremony.
A few Serving Suggestions to Organize a Grilled Cheese Bar at a Wedding
- At cocktail hour, put your wedding eats to a great kick off with mini grilled cheeses. Then gratify them with bite-size sammies paired with tomato soup.
- As main course, go for something gourmet and mouthwatering delicious as lobster grilled cheese sandwiches.
- For dessert, take mascarpone, a decadent cheese, and pair it Nutella and fresh fruits. Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce to cap it all with desserty messiness.
- Carb-heavy sammies like mac n’ cheese grilled cheese, rainbow grilled cheese, and pulled pork grilled cheeses will serve as the perfect refueling end to the evening.
- Organize a grilled cheese bar by placing plates and napkins at strategic areas where people can easily get a hold of them while building their grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Pair up the comfort food with wine or beer. These drinks are interesting counterpoints that give a refreshing and cleansing feel with rich grilled cheese. If you are hosting a winter wedding, go for warm and tasty soups!
Grilled Cheese Photo Gallery to Organize a Grilled Cheese Bar
Scrumptious Recipes for a Grilled Cheese Party
One of my favorites grilled cheese recipes is this roast beef smoked gouda. To make one of these delish sammies, you will need 1/4 lb. roast beef, 1 large red onion, 1 tablespoon of fresh sage, 2 tablespoons of butter, 3oz of smoked gouda, and 2 slices of bread.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onions and sage.
- Now let’s caramelize the onions: Toss the mix so the onions are coated in butter, lower the heat to medium-low and sauté slowly for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Spread the remaining butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on of the bread slices with the buttered side facing down and pile half the cheese slices on top, add the roast beef, spoon some of the caramelized onions layer the rest of the cheese slices and top the with the other bread slice.
- Place the sandwich on a skillet or panini press over medium heat.
- Let the cheese melt for about 2 minutes, flip the sandwich over and let the cheese melt for another 2 minutes.
- Serve on a plate with your favorite soup or beverage and voilá!
Pizza Margherita Grilled Cheese Recipe
A classic Margherita pizza stuffed in between two slices of bread! Most of the ingredients are for the sauce. So you have a choice to make it or buy it at the supermarket. We are going straight for the grilled cheese sandwich. Sauce, check!
Butter the outsides of two slices of sourdough bread. Spoon the sauce over their non-buttered side, add slices of basil and mozzarella and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil. If you are feeling extra daring, add a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook in a hot cast-iron skillet until the cheese has completely melted and each side is golden brown. Enjoy!
Who says a comfort food like grilled cheese can’t bring magic to your wedding? Although it may not be the most gourmet dish, (says who?) a grilled cheese party is definitely a crowd pleaser. Now, how about reading on how to plan a food truck wedding?
Discover More Stunning Wedding Ideas
Photo Credits: postris, How sweet eats, Lemon Tree Dwelling, Kirbie, Grilled Cheese Social, Running to the Kitchen, Eyecandypopper, Charm, Two Peas and their Pod, Neighborfood, BS in the Kitchen, Great Grub Delicious Treats, Heirloom LA, momtastic, The Soccer Mom Blog, cafedelites, simplystacle
omg!! this is a great idea for my wedding! thank you!
So happy it was useful!! 🙂
My brother recommended I may like this blog. He was entirely right.
This put up actually made my day. You can not believe just how so much time I had spent for this info!