Discover how to choose wedding jewelry for your dress and more. Follow the expert advice of Aya Birman. Check out her fab work and look absolutely perfect on your wedding day!
Make a statement, complete and upgrade your entire look by learning how to pick wedding jewelry and accessories that highlight your beauty. Once you’ve picked your wedding gown, it’s all about choosing the right jewelry to go with it and with you. Today we’ll cover how to pick the right bridal jewelry for your dress, neckline and face shape!
We have tapped onto the expertise of Aya Birman, owner and designer of Wedding by Lullaot, a remarkable handmade wedding jewelry and accessories brand. Only the highest quality materials are used in meticulously crafting her exquisite handmade bridal jewelry and ornaments that feature an incredibly elegant finish.
Let’s Talk About Aya: Wedding Jewelry Designer
Aya is a jewelry designer and wedding apasionada that creates timeless wedding jewelry and accessories. Seven years ago, she opened her first concept shop in the famous Israeli bridal dress district in Tel Aviv. Steps away from Galia Lahav, Inbal Dror and so many of the wedding gown designers trending today.
During that time, she provided full styling services to hundreds of brides. She helped them wear the perfect look and feel beautiful on an important day in their lives. Aya told us that matching her designs to brides and assisting them in completing their look allowed her to be a part of their magical moments, their excitement and their dreams.
“It’s especially exciting when brides come by the shop after the wedding,” Aya says, “and share their wedding stories and photos with me.”
Just hearing the excitement in her voice when she speaks about her passion will make you understand why her pieces are absolute masterpieces.
“I love weddings! This magical celebration that unites two people together and designing wedding jewelry is my passion. I am blessed that my creations are used to accessorize brides and complete their look on their happiest day.”
Today she sells her designs online and ships worldwide. We invite you to read her advice and visit her online store, as we are certain you could not get anybody better to help you choose the wedding jewelry for your big day.
How to Choose Wedding Jewelry: An Expert’s Guide
There are a few fundamentals to follow when picking wedding jewelry. So, first things first. If you already know your bridal style and bought your wedding dress, keep on reading. Otherwise, check Aya’s advice at the end of the article and then come back here.
Aya’s Tip #1: It is wise to pick the jewelry after you’ve chosen your wedding dress.
How to Pick Bridal Jewelry that Matches your Wedding Dress Style
Everybody wants to look ‘perfect and flawless’ on their special day. Therefore, it is crucial to wear wedding jewelry that matches your wedding dress style. The following guidelines will help you find the type of jewelry that goes best with your dress style.
- Sheath, trumpet or mermaid gown wedding dresses perfectly match sparkling Swarovski crystal jewelry for a sexy, elegant and glamorous look.
- A-line shape dresses are flattering to most body types and give brides a subtle and elegant feel. Complete this classic look with soft and delicate pearl bridal jewelry or vintage jewelry sets.
- A ball gown dress bestows an aristocratic and nostalgic look to the bride. Create a very aristocratic look with pearl encrusted jewelry and a small gentle sparkle of Swarovski crystals, combined with a hair crown or a delicate hair comb. Vintage jewelry can also be a great fit for a romantic bride.
- Short dresses give out an informal vibe that fits the non-traditional bride. Complement the dress and give it a playful look with colorful or geometric-shaped jewelry.
- A tea-length dress is also informal yet light and sophisticated. Pair it with dainty gentle jewelry or pick a delicate vintage piece, like a choker with a cameo.
- For a rustic or boho bride wearing an A-Line or a sheath dress, choose light and gentle wedding jewelry that seamlessly integrates with her dress. Combine gold and pearls with nature-inspired motives such as flowers, deer or leaves. Unless wearing a flower crown, hair combs and golden tiaras with small encrusted gems can be a great addition. Otherwise, choose a gold bracelet and a pair or small earrings.
Wedding Jewelry Photo Gallery
Aya’s Tip #2: If your gown has long sleeves avoid wearing a bracelet.
How to Choose Wedding Jewelry According to the Dress Neckline
The neckline of a dress will heavily influence the shape, length and type of bridal jewelry you may suitably wear.
- A deep plunging V-neck needs to be shown off. Match it with a statement bracelet. For the flat-chested bride, add a long flowy necklace with a pair of matching earrings.
- For a jewel neckline, skip the necklace altogether and wear earrings and hair jewelry only.
- Strapless gowns or off-the-shoulder necklines that highlight your wonderful shoulders and collarbone will go best with relatively short, round structured, necklaces and stud earrings. Or make a statement and go for strikingly gorgeous chandelier earrings and no necklace. You’ll look like the goddess that you are!
- Portrait necklines cover more of the shoulders, thus a delicate pearl drop or diamond shape pendant or some pearl strands can be a great fit. Earrings will complete your look.
- For those brides with a serious décolletage and a sweetheart neckline, go for a short necklace and bracelet and seriously show it off!
- With bateau or scoop dress necklines wear dominant and elegant earrings and skip the necklace.
- Halter dresses would benefit from some statement earrings and a stunning bracelet.
- Back scoop neckline? With your open back, make a definite exit by wearing some jewelry on it.
Aya’s Tip #3: Fuller chested brides should not wear a long necklace – the hanging and calling attention to the area is a definite no-no.
Wedding Jewelry for your Face Shape
The selected ornament must complement both the shape of your face and the hairstyle you’ve chosen. Which is why we also recommend picking your bridal jewelry once you have an idea of your hairstyle. Nonetheless, visible wedding jewelry can help or hinder your look. Check out these tips to avoid costly mistakes.
- Dangling designs are deemed perfect for a round face. To create an illusion of length, wear long ornaments.
- For an oval face, pick chandeliers or earrings with circles, curves and large studs. Oval and teardrop styles are ideal for oval faces.
- Similarly, round-shaped jewelry goes great with rectangular faces. Earrings that soften your bone structure and add some curves are preferable. Also, avoid wearing strong line and wide jewelry pieces.
- In order to balance a heart-shaped face, earrings with elongated curves are just the right choice.
Aya’s Tip #4: Don’t go jewelry crazy just because you are the bride. If you usually wear a couple of pieces, make those shine. If you wear none, just pick one you wouldn’t mind rocking at the ceremony or at the dance floor!
Always remember, less is more. Just because it fits someone, doesn’t mean it will be best for you too. It doesn’t look good if your face or neck are swamped with jewelry.
How to Choose your Bridal Style
For those brides who are still on the fence, Aya recommends following three steps: Imagine, Find your style and Plan.
Start by imagining your wedding day. Imagine what your event will look like. Imagine how you would look. Imagine the dress of your dreams and how you would feel walking down the aisle in it. Try to be as detailed as possible, as it will make it easier to make your dreams come true.
Find your Style
While imagining and visualizing your dream wedding, find your style. Are you a classic, romantic or a sexy bride? Are you a rustic, boho, or an eclectic modern bride? What is the style and vibe you want to pursue?
Now that you have made up your mind about a certain style and wedding gown, it’s time to choose wedding jewelry for it.
An Expert’s Guide to Choosing the Right Wedding Jewelry: Final Words
Consider your bridal style before looking for that perfect piece of jewelry. Carefully select the kind of wedding jewelry that you would want to wear. Pick a color for your accessories that go well with your dress. Most of all, your selection of wedding jewelry, earrings, bracelets and hair jewelry should make you feel comfortable. It’s your wedding day after all!
Remember that your wedding dress is one of the most important details on your big day. Jewelry and accessories are the icing on the cake. The perfect finish that should complete your look. It’s important to add them carefully.
Aya’s wedding jewelry ranges from $40 to $150, depending on the piece. Visit Aya’s jewelry store on Etsy and she will help you pick the perfect accessories for you to shine on your wedding day!