Giant wedding wreaths are in RT mode this wedding season. Now, when I say giant, I mean G-I-A-N-T. These are not your ordinary holiday wreaths hanging on your mother’s front door. Let’s take a look at this trend and a couple of how-tos you can tackle for a few bucks!
Giant wedding wreaths covered in everything from flowers and greenery to driftwood are popping up on the wedding scene everywhere. These are flawless works of art that can act as stunning ceremony or photo booth backdrops, reception decor, or staging for your couple’s and framily photos.
Couples are even creating unique masterpieces for their special day by taking these already amazing pieces and hanging lanterns, crystals and large floral pieces from them. Why not you?
How Much For Those Giant Wedding Wreaths In The Window?
Another wedding season has come and gone. With its passing, new ideas and trends – like giant wedding wreaths – allow couples to take their special day to new heights. Leaving them gasping, “I can’t even”
Please don’t think an item such as this is out of your reach. There is the option purchasing a giant wreath from a florist. However, such a large piece comes with a high price tag. Even the not so large giant wedding wreaths can range in upper $600’s.
If your wallet is screaming a resounding “No, thank you”, know that there is always the DIY option.
While it may seem like an enormous task to undertake, it is possible to create one of these darling features yourself. This can be a far better option; not just because of its reasonable cost, but because it gives you the ability to show off your honed-in DIY skills. After all, your guests’ eyes will be glued to it!
How To Make Giant Wedding Wreaths On A Budget (With Hula Hoops)
For those of you who barely know which end the glue stick goes in. Don’t freak out. It is a surprisingly easy process once you get going. And you’ll be mystified by the number different DIY options available to create giant wedding wreaths.
For the following DIY we will use silk flowers but if you are a more advanced DIYer, feel free to switched them for fresh flowers and greenery. Here are the instructions to DIY a giant wedding hoop on a budget.
- (2) Hula Hoops – $2.00
- Your favorite silk flowers
- Artificial greenery
- Wire cutters
- Spray paint (optional, use if you want to change the color of the hoop)
- Floral tape or zip ties
- Floral wire
Directions to Make Giant Wedding Wreaths in 5 Steps
- Optional step: If you want to paint the hula hoop, this is when. Let it dry, and continue with the next step.
- Create several bundles of flowers, leaves and berries – 5 to 10 bundles depending on the size of your flowers and hoop. Make sure to add in variety of colors and textures; this will give your creation a more robust feel. Then tie them off with the floral tape or zip ties.
- Lay out the bundles over the hoop before securing them with floral wire around the stem and hoop. This will help you ensure you will get the look you want.
- Overlap the bundles in both directions to hide the wire. When you are finished, cut off the excess stems with your wire cutters.
- Tie a ribbon on top of the hoop and you’re ready to hang your design!
Savings Tip: No need to cover the whole circle with flowers, leverage woodbox and evergreens. You’ll save a lot of moolah and you won’t lose any of the original aesthetic.
How To Make Giant Wedding Wreaths For $50
Now if your wanted to make one of those bang-up wedding swings for the bride; you can do so with $50 and a little elbow-grease.
Let’s go through the materials you will need to make your dazzling creation.
- ¾ galvanized threaded pipe
- Elbow joints
- 1×12 piece of wood
- U-Clamp for the seat (2)
- Twigs, greenery, flowers, ribbons (let your imagination fly)
- Floral wire
Giant Wedding Wreath Swing How To Step by Step
- Connect 8 pieces of 3/4th inch threaded pipe with 45 degree angle elbow joints, creating an octagon about 6 feet high
- Create the seat of the swing: Attach a 1×12 inch plank of wood to the base of the octagon using 2 U-clamps.
- Hang on a sturdy beam or branch using two clove-hitch knots (directions found on video)
- Once the swing is securely hung, decorate it to your heart’s desire using flowers, twigs, greenery, crystals, ivory cords and more!
Now, you that you have the know-how; deciding on adding giant wedding wreaths should be a no brainer. It will be that statement piece that will leave your guest awestruck.
So, what are you waiting for? Come and jump in on the trend that has the world going cray. It’s your big day, your entitled to being a little extra. So, don’t let anything kill your vibe.
RELATED WEDDING INSPO IDEAS
Discover More Stunning Wedding Ideas
Photo Credits: weddingomania, green weddingshoes, weddingchicks, prettymyparty, home life, polkadotbride, moncheribridals, 100layercake, aislesociety, goodhousekeeping, junebugweddings, rosalindgracedesigns, SMP, Christian David Photo