We rounded up 19 fab ideas to save money on your wedding and still look like a million bucks! Check out these charming and unique money-saving wedding ideas.
Your wedding day should be as special as you are. We tend to believe that a Pinterest-worthy luxury wedding is quite costly, but that’s not always the case.
It is possible to throw a fabulous looking bash without spending a lot of money or looking cheap. Check out these 19 steal-worthy money-saving wedding ideas.
Money Saving Wedding Ideas for Your Wedding Venue
- Elopements are in! Elopements are very simple events and almost always take place far away – that’s why it is sometimes called Running Off. Elopement venues are only limited by your imagination! They (usually) don’t carry massive venue rental fees and they can be planned with the lowest amount of stress possible!
- Do you have a sense of adventure? Avoid the expense of a wedding venue altogether by celebrating a pop up wedding. Pick your favorite coffee shop or museum and have a very intimate ceremony with no music as one of the stops of your pop up wedding.
- Backyard weddings are fun and creative! They can be paired with any wedding theme and they are definitely a less expensive wedding venue. You will still need to make sure your guests are comfortable. Plus, depending on the number of guests and the weather, that might imply some additional costs. Keep the decor simple but detailed and a backyard wedding will save money on your wedding while still looking ah-ma-zeballs!
- Consider a pop-up wedding! They are chicest idea.
How To Save Money on Your Wedding: Affordable Food Menu Ideas
The reception’s food and drink are high ticket prices at any wedding and something that will create a strong memory in your guests. Are you ready to save money on your wedding food and look like you spent a fortune? 😉
- If eloping is too much for you, how about a Brunch Wedding? Get married in a civil ceremony at the Courthouse and celebrate with a scrumptious brunch at your favorite hangout or host it on your own backyard!
- According to the Bridal Association of America, the average cost of a wedding cake in the U.S. is $ 543. But, do not despair! You can replace the wedding cake with a dessert table and a modern coffee station.
- If you cannot fathom the thought of not having a wedding cake, pick a small fancy cake or a single tier cake for the reception that everyone can see and gawk about. And have a same flavor no-decor cake in the kitchen, ready to be served to your guests. They won’t notice the difference and you will save beaucoup des bucks!
- For non-traditional couples, food truck weddings can be a fun cost-saving idea. While traditional catering averages $70 per head, food truck menus can go for $10 to $20 per guest. An original and trendy budget saving wedding idea!
- Host a Make-your-own martini bar or serve sangria to save on drinks. Sangria wine is really affordable. Just add fruit! Super cool.
- Remember that a buffet dinner is more affordable than a seated dinner and it looks just as glorious! Follow the latest trends and save further by serving mouthwatering comfort foods like pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches and even pizza!
How to Save on your Wedding Gown (but Never Look Cheap)
- Alterations are unavoidable when it comes down to the wedding dress. Buy your gown online and save money on your wedding dress. (Check out this list with our 13 favorite Etsy wedding dress stores!)
- Recycle! Is there a wedding dress in the family that you can have altered? It will make your gown so much more special.
- Alternative wedding bouquets with greenery are very in right now and it’s a great way to save money.
Save on Wedding Decor (and Look Stunning)
- The dollar store has vases, containers and a zillion other objects you can use to decorate your wedding for very little money. Let your creativity shine.
- A little trick to save on wedding decor is to use oversized items. They take up more space, call your guest’s attention and you need less objects. Think oversized balloons or large flower arrangements.
- Don’t forget the ceiling! A few details like suspended carnations are inexpensive and will definitely wow your guests.
- Merging is the key! Combine centerpieces with table numbers and wedding favors. You won’t have to take them home and you’ll kill three birds with a single stone!
How to Save Money on Your Wedding: Entertainment and More
Create your own Snap geo filter and tell your friends to use it on the pictures they take. It’s a great and entertaining way to commemorate your wedding.
- Forget the limo rental. Ask a friend for their car, fill it with balloons and add some flowers as wedding car decorations for a proper sendoff.
- Last but not least, keep your guest list in check. The more people you invite to your wedding, the more expensive it becomes!
Hope you enjoyed these fantastic ideas to save money on your wedding. To get you started on your tables, check out these 24 Ingenious Ways To Make Candle & Lighted Centerpieces for Wedding Receptions or these 30+ Wedding Table Ideas: What to Put on Wedding Reception Tables (Wow your Guests!)